Alpha Kappa Alpha Member Star Jones Gives Her ‘View’ on MIAKAS

The Women of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc., a prominent black Greek-lettered organization for African American women, are up in arms over the miAKA controversy. MIAKA, an acronym for Men Interested in Alpha Kappa Alpha, is a reported auxiliary group to the Sorority.

Star Jones, a respected television personality and former Second Supreme Anti- Basileus for the sorority, took to Twitter to express her displeasure with the group.

“Shall I start with what the hell is a MIAKA…,” she wrote.

“and when did #AKA sanction a “spin off?’ she continued. ‘Cause if it’s not sanctioned… they don’t exist. Sincerely, your former 2nd Supreme Anti-Basileus.”

“Just because you’re INTERESTED in #AKA doesn’t make you an #AKA,” the former host of ABC’s The View tweeted. “I’m interested in basketball…but my free throws suck. #getAgripJoinaFRAT”

“Ok…let me be very clear,” she continued. “ALPHA KAPPA ALPHA is a private WOMEN’S service organization comprised of college educated WOMEN. #GoSomewhere.”

Jones went on to tweet that MIAKAS don’t have a case and that any effort in filing a lawsuit would be a waste of money.

“Tell the MiAKAs (how hilarious) the former 2nd Supreme said don’t waste your money on a lawyers retainer; you have no case! Oh..and #DUCES.”

Follow Star Jones on Twitter @StarJonesEsq by clicking here.

Head over to kollegekidd.com Gallery to View Photos of MIAKAs by clicking here.

Head over to Collegiate NetVision (CNV) on kollegekidd.com to check out videos of the Women of Alpha Kappa Alpha in action by clicking here.

Want to #ExpandYourKnowledge? Sign up to become a member of kollegekidd.com by clicking here.
For Updates on this story, Be sure to Follow kollegekidd.com on Twitter @_KollegeKidd by clicking here.
You can also stay up-to-date by liking kollegekidd.com FaceBook Page by clicking here

Watch a miAKA Probate Below

Watch miAKAs Stroll

This entry was posted in Debate and Discussion, Fraternity/ Sorority, KIDD Comedy, Kidd Entertainment, Kidd News and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Alpha Kappa Alpha Member Star Jones Gives Her ‘View’ on MIAKAS

1. Monica says:

tell em Soror!

2. Anonymous says:

Star Jones went Off LMBAO!!!!

3. Missy says:

OMG she went off lol lmbo lmao

4. shante says:

oooh lol

5. Pissed off says:

why in the hell is she talking about a group of defenseless people like that. they didn’t do anything to her. don’t hate because you will be calling them soror one day. get with that now!

• Krystal says:

you are an idiot. they will never join my sorority nor any sorority of the divine nine. they can keep on dreaming and you can shut up with that mess

• Pinky says:

My Soror is a proud member of Alpha Kappa Alpha and is entiled to speak on any and everything subject relating to our sorority. You on the other hand @Pissed Off, get educated becuase you sound real dumb.

• Foxx says:

Do you bottle your ignorance and idiocy in a can or a bottle? You’re retarded for real. LMAO

• Foxx says:

BTW, that comment was for Pissed Off. She’s pissed off because she doesn’t have half a chance in this life being as stupid as she is. LOL

• Latoya says:

Pissed off please go somewhere!!!! Skeeeeee Weeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! WOMEN ONLY! Thank You :)

6. danielle m says:

she need to sit her ass down with all of that! leave them alone..

7. Melanie says:

star jones got gangsta!!! love it!!!!!

8. Iena says:

OMG I didnt know star jones was an aka. love her! i always wanted to be an aka

9. ms. bitch says:

wait… wasn’t she married to a miaka? lmbo!!!

10. Nothing but the Truth says:

The truth and nothing but it! They need to get a grip on reality and understand that this is a female organization. There is no discrimination to females of any color or creed in Alpha Kappa Alpha, but if you were born a male you do not have the right to join this organization.

11. monroe says:

YOU GO SOROR!!!!!!!! TELL IT!!!!!!!

12. bianca says:

i can’t wait to be a aka. my my mom and aunts are akas!!!!!

13. ?? says:

i’m lost. what is a miaka?

14. Terrica says:

A MIAKA is Men Interested in AKA. AKA is a sorority. They are trying to sue the sorority to let them join which is ridiculous

15. M says:

What people fail to realize everyone doesn’t have to accept the homosexual agenda. Men can’t join sororities whether homosexual or heterosexual.Join a frat, and they are homosexuals in frats. I agree they are wasting their money , maybe they just want attention and hope to get on a reality show.

16. Anonymous says:

My soror kept it real. I love it!

17. deuce97 says:

@pissedoff: As long as I’m a card-carrying member of Alpha Kappa Alpha, these Buttmunches won’t EVER be called my “Foror” or be acknowledged at all! But if I ever see one of these fools wearing my letters and colors, they will be sorry and checked very hard! I agree with Soror Star… Be a MAN and join a Fraternity – oh I forgot, you are a reject so you didn’t get into A Phi A!

18. Pinky says:

The way I see it, if any of you commenting on this matter are not members of a sorority or fraternity, please keep your ignorant comments to yourself. My sorors and I have better things to do than to entertain MEN who will NEVER EVER become members of our illustrious sorority NOR ANY OTHER SORORITY for that matter.

19. Foxx says:

Amen to that Soror Star! This crap is plain ridiculous—geez, why’d they pick us?? Discrimination??? Whatever–that’s like letting women pledge fraternities. It was never and will never be that way.

20. Confused says:

Here’s the thing they are not suing a MALE fraternity for discrimination they are suing a FEMALE SORORITY for not letting them in. Are you serious that makes no sense a waste of time and money and yes I think this is all a joke for attention. It would be a total insult to founders of any sorority for that matter. I can’t believe they are actually wearing the colors and throwing up the sign that is pure disrespect and insulting.

21. FreezeAKA05 says:

Exactly @pissed off you have no idea!!! My soror has every right to go off our precious sorority is for women (Sorority means sisterhood) get ya life !

22. Quanny says:

I, being a gay male who absolutely adores AKAs, agree with Star Jones and every other AKA who has commented on this matter. I have been asked before to join a “miAKA” chapter and have denied the offer multiple times because I would never want to disrespect any of you ladies not the processes that you went through. Men should join frats, like I did myself. No matter how fascinated or wanting a male wants to be an AKA I believe it is degrading to you ladies to even portray themselves as a lady of your chapter. They need to have many seats!!!

23. Pingback: 40 Celebrities Who Were Sorority Girls | GossipViews.com